43 Division News
By Marylin Hodge
Posted Mar 2015
News from 43 Division, the Community Police Liaison Committee and the 43 Division Auxiliary Police Officers
- Several Break and Enters have occurred in commercial buildings.
- Twenty Break and Enters in January 2015 as compared to 42 in January 2014.
- Thirty robberies so far compared to 20 last year at this time. Most of the robberies have been of cell phones. Since 5 people have been arrested, there has been a significant decrease; down 26% due to excellent team work.
- Lots of collisions and property damage, due to bad weather. Enforcement has been increased.
- Major Crime Indicators are down except auto theft and robberies.
Please do not leave your car warming up in your driveway.
One officer said that, “A warm car may lead to a stolen one.”
- There is a violent and dangerous criminal, who is wanted for several criminal activities. His name is William Nolan. To see his photo and to read about him, please go to the Toronto Police website at torontopolice.on.ca -News Releases/31011. If you see him, call 911.
- There have been reports of fraudulent computer calls, such as “Microsoft has been infected with a virus” and others from the “Canada Revenue Agency regarding income tax.” (Call CRA at -1-800-959-8281, if you have any questions.)
TAX TIME Crime Prevention Tip
Tax time is now upon us and soon you will be receiving income tax forms from the government. This mail will contain personal information such as your SIN number, name, date of birth etc. During this time, always check your mail box on a daily basis and shred any mail before throwing it out. Criminals have been known to go through garbage bins in order to collect personal information about you.
43 Community Police Liaison Committee News
The Community Picnic and Open House will be held on Saturday, May 9, 2015 from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm at 43 Division
Once again, the CPLC will be collecting items for the new mothers and their babies at Rosalie Hall. If you would like to donate new items for the moms or their babies, please drop them off at 43 Division anytime between March 1st and April 25th. Everything will be delivered to Rosalie Hall the first week of May, just in time for Mother’s Day.
To find out more about Rosalie Hall go to www.rosaliehall.com.
Marilyn Hodge – Co-Chair, 43 CPLC